PMA is now the Manufacturing and Supply Chain Alliance of Mid Florida (MSCA)
The business case:
- Manufacturing is a conversion of energy and materials into tangible, value-added products that satisfy the quality, cost, and availability expectations of customers.
- In achieving this end, manufacturing drives the need for suppliers of energy and materials, and providers of transportation, warehousing, technical, and construction services. It also drives the need for skilled workers.
- Manufacturers need reliable and economic sources of supplies and services, and suppliers and service providers need manufacturers to drive their businesses. The survival and growth of manufacturers and suppliers are inextricably linked within supply chains that must be economically efficient and effective to compete for customers in national and global marketplaces.
Our goal: We aspire to be The Premier Business and Industry Association in Florida.
We serve our members by providing a platform to promote and support the growth of manufacturers and their suppliers in Polk County, and the State of Florida. Our objectives are to:
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with local and state economic development agencies to support and promote the growth of manufacturing and supply chain logistics companies.
- Create a unified voice to influence legislative matters that affect the economic welfare and growth of manufacturers and their supply chain partners.
- Provide forums to facilitate the professional development of members and to exchange best practices regarding human resource administration, safety, quality, productivity, and sustainability.
- Partner with workforce education and training organizations to define, develop, and obtain funding for education and training programs that are relevant to the needs of manufacturers and their suppliers.
Your support for Florida TRADE is requested to help us build Polk and surrounding County’s manufacturing talent pipeline. MSCA is working with Polk State College to build that pipeline for you, the manufacturers.
How to Support Florida TRADE
Our Executive Director is now Joy Clancey.
Please contact her at 863.899.3405 or firstname.lastname@example.org